Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Doll Head Work in Progress- Polymer Clay


Hello everyone,




This is a doll head work in progess using polymer clay. This is the base, I am making the eyes now and I have to sculpt the rest of the face and features.


I am very unhappy with the tutorials that I have been finding on how to joint doll limbs.


I am attempting to create a fully sculptured doll body in polymer clay, and also have it fully jointed for movement at the shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, and knees.


I haven't found a method to do this, so I am creating my own style of joint system specifically


for polymer clay so that I can create a statue-like detail in the entire doll, make it able to be dressed and clothed in a variety of ways, and fully poseable.


This is a daunting endeavor, but I am really excited about my journey so far.


0 comments:

Post a Comment