Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Funky Warm thigh high pattern- work in progress


Hello everyone,


This is another pattern work in progress. I was deeply intrigued by the cloth hose that

used to be a part of period dress. I dislike panty hose but love thigh highs.

I also remember the footed pajama's that I used to wear as a kid and how snuggly warm they were.

So with these things in mind, I used thin sweat pant material to begin designing a pattern

to make a custom fit a pair of warm footed thigh highs. These are going to be awesome in the winter time under night gowns and as an extra layer under regular sweats to lounge around the house in.

I am writing a custom "how to" pattern for these as well. It will show how to measure the foot and leg properly to sew a custom pair of footed thigh highs, in any fabric. They mold to the leg beautifully without any sagging and they don't fall down when you walk. They would be lovely sewn in a soft lace, or great if you wanted to recycle an old sweater and make some really warm snuggly foot and legwear. I am simply thrilled with how these are turning out so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment